JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums Text Boxes & Inputs Bug (regression) in smart-input keyup handler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    m-akinc
    Participant

I have run into an issue in the smart-query-builder when upgrading from version 15 to 16. We configure a query field with a lookup.dataSource that is a function. Though I don’t see documentation that says it can be a function (docs just say it should be an array), this has been supported, and there is still logic that handles this*. However, there has been new logic added to _keyupHandler() that breaks when dataSource is a function:
    if (t.dataSource && t.dataSource.length) { // if t.dataSource is a function, length is the number of parameters
     for (let e = 0; e < t.dataSource.length; e++) {
      const o = t.dataSource[e]; // can't index a function, so o is undefined
      if ("string" == typeof o) {
      } else if (void 0 !== o.label && o.label === t.$.input.value) { // error here trying to access label on undefined!
      }
     }
    }

*E.g. the open() function contains: "function" == typeof e.dataSource ? e.dataSource(e.query, t) : t(e.dataSource)
    As I describe in the source comments, when dataSource is a function, the length property is the number of parameters, but then the code tries to index into it like an array. The resulting error prevents the control from working correctly.

ivanpeevski
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! I have opened a work item for that and we will resolve it for our next release.

Best Regards,
    Ivan Peevski
    Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

m-akinc
    Participant

Thank you. Can we also get a patch release for version 16?

Markov
    Keymaster

Hi,

We usually add the bug fixes & new features only in the new versions.

Best Regards,
    Markov

Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.