Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edwardsmarkff
    Participant

hello –

i am still trying to figure out the optimal way to use tooltips with grid.

here is an example of using smart-html-elements tooltips in codepen where each tooltip is defined in the template.

when i originally asked the question here: original question here it would seem as if the solution is to use appearance: {showTooltips: true} as this codepen example does.

however, this example/suggestion appears to only use the title property which cannot be styled as smart-elements-tooltips can.

what is the best way to incorporate smart-elements-tooltips into a grid cell?  are there any examples available?

Markov
    Keymaster

Hi,

The approach which you use to add smart-tooltip to cells seems to be OK according to me. The showTooltips indeed uses the standard ‘title’.

Best regards,
    Markov

Smart UI
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

edwardsmarkff
    Participant

thanks – FWIW, tooltip seems to be somewhat incompatible with grid.   on a slightly larger grid, the tooltips would take several seconds to open, probably because of the grid javascript overhead.

so i am going with title instead.

it would be nice if a future version of grid had a way to insert text information in a notes field like many spreadsheets have, where you see a little red triangle marker in the lower-right corner of the cell indicating there are notes associated with this cell.

EmilyGomez
    Participant

Direct flights from Boston to New Orleans offer a convenient and efficient travel option for those looking to explore the rich cultural tapestry of the Deep South. Several airlines provide non-stop routes, ensuring a seamless journey between these two distinct cities. With a flight duration of around 3 to 4 hours, travelers can quickly transition from the historic charm of Boston to the lively streets of New Orleans. </span>

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by EmilyGomez.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by EmilyGomez.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.