JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums Data Grid grid with css height auto and add new row fails to display rows after ~3 adds

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Thank you so much – I appreciate the prompt feedback! It allows me to move on to other things while waiting for a fix.

admin
    Keymaster

I wrote:

There seems to be a problem if the initial number of rows in the data source is 1 or 0. If it is > 1, then new rows that are added are correctly displayed.

admin wrote:

We confirm the Grid component issue reported by jtara. We will resolve it in the next update.

I’m afraid that even in 4.5 there is still a problem. It is SLIGHTLY improved.
    Now, it no longer fails with only one row.
    However, a grid that is initially created with no rows still fails. You will never see the grid content displayed.
    There are of course so many use cases for a grid that initially is empty, and then rows are added. We still have to start out with at least one dummy row.
    I will write a support request. Just giving a heads-up here for others.

admin
    Keymaster

Actually, I need to do a bit more testing, which I will do before submitted a support request.
    I have a grid that I populate from an Ajax request. It populates with a modest number of rows > 3 That’s the one that I tried, and I noted that if the grid starts out empty, then it will never show.
    I haven’t yet tested if there is still some dependence on number of rows added – e.g. previous behaviour is first 3 adds would show, and after that no more.

admin
    Keymaster

OK, now I tested my grid which is used to display a summary of rows added to a database one by one.
    That is, a user fills a form, the form is sent to a server with Ajax, and the Ajax response sends back a row with generated ID, etc. then the row is added to the grid.
    This works only if the grid is first populated with one dummy row. I no longer need to add at least TWO dummy rows. And there no longer (in 4.5) is an issue where only the first 3 rows added show.
    The issue now is that if the grid starts out empty, the rows that I add are not shown.
    So, it is still not completely solved.
    I will now submit a support request for this.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello jtara,
    We are unable to reproduce such issue. If you encounter an issue in your application, then please share codepen example, which demonstrates it.
    Regards,
    George
    Smart HTML Elements
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.