JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums Data Grid Smart DataAdapter not updating data source

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aconley

I hope I get to chalk this up to more stupidity, but I can’t see how to get the DataAdapter to update the underlying data source. In this Stackblitz, I have cell editing enabled, and I added a log data button. If you click that button before making any changes, you see that it logs the first name from the first item in the DataAdapter, along with the first name from the first item in the underlying data (this.data). The two values match, which is expected.
    If you change that first name field for the first row in the table, and then click the log button, the values no longer match: the underlying data has not been updated. How can I get the underlying data to be updated?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi aconley,
    The dataAdapter should not modify your original data. It modifies a copy of the data initially loaded into it. The Grid component raises events when the data is edited and if you need to make updates to your original data source, you need to use them.
    Best regards,
    Peter Stoev
    jQWidgets Team
    https://www.jqwidgets.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.