JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums General Discussions Suggestions for improving the scheduler component

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davout

A couple of suggestions for improving the scheduler component…
    For the ‘week’ and ‘day’ views do not impose the use of the time slot /hours display rows.    This would allow a list of entries to be shown in the column as one simple list.  This could be controlled with a new property….
    ‘showHours’ (boolean)  – if this were set to false then the hours and ‘all day’ rows would not be displayed, and all entries associated with that column would be displayed as a simple list
    With the week view it seems that the component will only display one entry.  If more than one entry is linked with a cell then the other entries are shown as part of the “xx more” .   I’d like to see an option that controls how many entries are displayed in a cell before the ‘xxx more’ element is played.
    ‘cellEntryMax’  (number) –  this would be used to set the maximum number of entries that would be displayed in a cell before the use “xxx more” element is displayed.  For example, if this property was set to ‘3’ then a maximum of 3 entries would be shown in the cell.   If there were more than 3 entries linked to a cell, then only the first three would be displayed, and the 4th and beyond would be represented by the ” xxx more” element

yavordashew

Hi davout,
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    I will discuss this matter further more with my colleagues but for the moment I have some answers for your suggestions:
    1.showHours – we actually have this property and its called hideAllDay and the component has ‘agenda’ view which displays the dates as a list.
    2.For this inquiry we have aproperty for it- maxEventsPerCell more info about it you can find in the documentation for the scheduler also use CSS variable --smart-scheduler-event-size with you can determine how much events you can fit in one cell.
    Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.
    Best regards,
    Yavor Dashev
    Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

klslead

I would like to add my vote in favor of all three of these suggestions.  My top priority on these requests would be for timelineWeek to only show days like timelineMonth, no hours.  A boolean or adding another option to timelineDayScale would be great.  That would be a huge win for me.
    I will try your other suggestions above.

Thank you!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi klslead,
    Thank you for the Scheduler’s timeline suggestion.
    Best regards,
    Peter Stoev
    Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.