Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MarkM
    Participant

Hello,

I have a smart data grid where I have editing setup as row and dialogue modes both enabled.

I found where I can specify custom editor templates for specific columns but am having trouble getting one setup to use a smart-multiline-text-box control (I want to have it  already expanded with plenty of space for larger content,  and with custom placeholder text shown when it is empty).

I also would like to be able to add some additional explanatory text in the dialogue box, and hide some columns that are not to be edited.  Can you point me in the right direction for the best way to do this?

Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

For multiline text edit, we have a special built-in textarea editor. You can check it out here: TextArea Editor in Smart Grid. (htmlelements.com)

As for a custom edit dialog – we do not have such API at present. We will add a work item which allows such customization in the next release of Smart.Grid component.

Best regards,
    Peter Stoev

Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

MarkM
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

I had seen the built-in multiline editor, but we wanted to have it already expanded by default and use considerably more space. Each row in our grid represents a record where we want to then be able to edit additional information for that record, some of which can be lengthy. Are there additional configuration properties for the built-in text area?

Starting to think we may need to use a different approach for editing the records outside of the grid, and then just updating the grid datasource object when finished. Is there a way in the API to setup callbacks or hooks somehow to use the built-in edit & add new row buttons to initiate this?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by MarkM.
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

The next version of Smart UI will have the textarea editor expanded by default. We already did that for our Blazor Grid and this will be added to the JS versions as well. The Grid has methods such as setCellValue, getCellValue, addRow, updateRow, deleteRow which may help for CRUD application scenarios using the Grid API. You may look at: Grid API – Grid Docs – Web Components for Javascript, Typescript, Angular, React and Vue (htmlelements.com).

Best regards,
    Peter Stoev

Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.