Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    houghtonap

Smart looked interesting to me, so I registered and downloaded the community sample zip archive. I unzipped it, read the readme and tried to run the Vue examples. Unfortunately, none appear to work. The only thing that I get is the text from the example. There is no styling. I’m somewhat new to Vue, but poking around I didn’t see anything that might prevent the examples from working. So I decided to try the web component examples. The readme was pretty simple, globally install and run http-sever, then navigate to the example and click the index.htm document. However, the result is the same, I get the text from the example, but absolutely no styling.
    Not sure what I’m doing wrong, so I deleted the example directory and re-unzipped the examples and tried again. Same issues. Has anyone run into this before? I’m running Windows 10, latest H2 release, using nvm with the latest node, npm and yarn distributions. I can create a Vue 3.x sample project that works fine and edit it with VS Code. So I think my dev environment is setup appropriately. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions and help.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    As you mentioned that you use Win 10, the easiest way to run a sample is: Download the .zip from our download page, unzip it to “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\smart-webcomponents”.
    For WebComponents usage:
    Open “localhost” and navigate to the webcomponents demos.
    For Vue, the steps are:
    – Navigate to /vue-demos
    – npm install
    – Edit the index.js to build a specific sample.
    – npm run start
    – Open your web browser with localhost and navigate to the vue demo. Ex: localhost\smart-webcomponents\vue-demos\demos\grid\overview
    Hope this helps.
    Best regards,
    Peter Stoev
    Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.