JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums Data Grid Use the keyboard and mouse for some operations in the Grid component

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LC

Hello!
    After several days of preliminary use, I was deeply impressed by the Grid component, which is easy to use and beautiful.
    But Now I have some questions to ask.
    There are some functions that need to be confirmed when using the keyboard to enter data:
    1、Enter value + Up/Down key == Value is entered and the focus is moved to cell above/below.
    In the example given in the official website, when a cell is clicked with the left mouse button, the focus will be moved to the cell. At this time, data can be entered in the cell. After the input, the up/down/left/ Right button of the keyboard is press down, and the input focus is still in the current cell. Can I control the focus to move from cell to cell, just like Microsoft Excel?
    2、This question is also for keyboard operations: is there any support for Ctrl+C (copy), Ctrl+V (paste), Ctrl+Z (undo)?
    Can I add something like this to the right mouse button? Right click functionality seems to be more available in the browser itself. Can I customize it?
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    BR,
    LC

admin
    Keymaster

Hello LC,
    1. When a cell is in edit mode, the arrow keys navigate inside the cell editor’s (input’s) value. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to change this behavior.
    2. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are supported for copying/pasting cell values in the Grid, but Ctrl+Z (Undo operation), is, unfortunately, not. You can implement a custom context menu for Grid cells as shown in the following demo: https://www.htmlelements.com/angular/demos/grid/context-menu/.
    Best regards,
    Dimitar
    Smart HTML Elements Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.