Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian King
    Participant

How do I invoke the confirm method after the OnRowUpdate has triggered?

ivanpeevski
    Participant

Hi Brian,

confirm is a JavaScript function, so it is not possible to invoke it directly from Blazor.

If you want to validate the changes, you can use ValidationRules as in the guide here – Grid Editing

If you need to keep track of the changes and update a remote database, you can have a look at the Grid Server Side CRUD guide

If you need to use onRowUpdate for other purposes, you should implement the function through JSInterop. The Dynamic Template guide covers the basics of how to achieve this.

Best Regards,
    Ivan Peevski
    Smart UI Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com/

Brian King
    Participant

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the quick response.  What I am trying to accomplish is to update a remote database when data has been edited in the grid.  Our app is a webassembly and all data changes are done through an api therefore I cannot send requests directly to the database from the app.  What I am seeing is that when I use the OnRowUpdate event, the grid locks up and is not released.  My thinking was that the grid would be released by invoking the confirm method.

This raises a few more questions.

First what is the purpose of the OnRowUpdate if when I implement it, it locks up the grid.

Second, I looked at the Dynamic Template guide but I am unclear on how I would use JSInterop to call the existing method confirm.  Could you provide an example of how to invoke the confirm message after the OnRowUpdate has been triggered.

Third, would there be a better way or another event I can trap that would allow me to make api calls after the grid has been edited which is my primary goal.

Thanks,

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.