JavaScript UI Libraries & Blazor Components Suite – Smart UI Forums General Discussions How to disable floating of docking LayoutPanel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Is it possible to disable floating of LayoutPanel windows within the Docking Layout element? For each LayoutPanel element, I have specified dropPosition: ["top", "bottom", "left", "right"], which is working great, however a user can still drag a LayoutPanel and have it float in its own window; is it possible to disable this floating capability of LayoutPanel windows (i.e., I only want a user to be able to dock a LayoutPanel, not float it in its own window)?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi velocitytoo,
    Disabling the floating of a LayoutPanel is currently not available but it will be added to our next release. You can follow our releases here or in our social media pages.
    However, you can bind to the stateChange event and execute your custom code inside the handler when an item has been floated. You can remove the floated item from the DOM or dock it back inside if you wish via the API methods. Also you can get a list of all the items that are currently inside the DokcingLayout from the items getter. You can read more about it here API.
    Best Regards,
    Christopher
    Smart HTML Elements Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com

admin
    Keymaster

Nice to hear this will be added to the next release. I can image a floatable LayoutPanel boolean field or some such to enable this capability. Using the stateChange event is not really an answer due to the limited information provided in that event, and it would be very awkward anyway for an end user to float a LayoutPanel then have it ‘magically’ redock somewhere outside of their control/input.
    You have a great element here in the Docking Layout, but it appears to still need a significant amount of work to get it ready for custom Production environments. Please keep up the good work and continue to improve this element.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi velocitytoo,
    Thank you for your feedback. We constantly try to improve our components.
    Best Regards,
    Christopher
    Smart HTML Elements Team
    https://www.htmlelements.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.